- Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you relevant information about preventing lung disease, promoting clear air and helping people live better through education, research and policy, RHA may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you make a donation to RHA, we (or our third-party payment processer) may collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction and is not stored on our server.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to attend a program, sign up to receive a newsletter, chat with our Help Line, or sign up to participate in one of our fundraising events or volunteer. These may include: (a) sending a chat message to our Help Line; (b) submitting your credit card or other payment information when making a donation. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to information you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
- Use of your Personal Information
RHA collects and uses your personal information as described above and to deliver the services you have requested. RHA may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other events and programs available from RHA and its affiliates.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
RHA does not sell, rent, share, or lease any personal information collected to third parties.
RHA may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
RHA may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on RHA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of RHA; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of RHA, or the public.
- Tracking User Behavior
RHA may keep track of the websites and pages you visit within the Website, in order to determine what aspects of the Website and the services RHA offers are the most popular. This data is also used to deliver customized content and advertising within RHA to users whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area. Third-party services that we currently use for these purposes include Facebook/Meta (tracking, pixels) and Google (tracking, analytics). You may choose to opt out of targeted advertising by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will still see ads when opting out, however the ads may not be as relevant to your personal interests.
- Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by RHA. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
The Website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the Website, or register with RHA, a cookie helps RHA to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the RHA features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Website when you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
- Security of your Personal Information
RHA secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. RHA uses the following methods for this purpose:
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Children Under Thirteen
RHA does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
- E-mail Communications
From time to time, RHA may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from RHA, you may opt out of such communications and may unsubscribe from emails by contacting us at email@example.com.
- External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
- Changes to this Statement
- Contact Information
Effective as August 1, 2023
For more information about RHA's commitment to privacy, to request personal data deletion, or to unsubscribe from our communications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.